Friday, July 6, 2012

Asian BB Creams Vs US BB Cream

A Little History:
BB creams are also know as Blemish Balm.BB creams were originally formulated in Germany by dermatologist Dr. Christine Schrammek in the 1950s,the cream was initially used to protect skin after laser procedures and surgery, while also providing light coverage. In the 1980s, Asian actresses started to use them and they were becoming widely used. They have limited number of hues. Due to its "multi-tasking" all-in-one properties — moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock, the cream became a hit in Asia. 


Now Western Beauty Companies have decided to try their hand in BB Creams. You can find BB creams in high end and drugstores. 


I have not try any of the high end BB creams but I have tried three drugstore one. They are OK. They are Thin, lightweight, and sheer coverage. I don't hate them but they do not compare to my Asian BB creams. I have about 4-6 Asian BB Creams and I really enjoy them. My favorite so far is Gold Skin 79. 


I don't think the Western BB creams compare to the Asian BB creams. I may try a high-end one but I think I would rather try other Asian BB creams. I would try Dr. Jart BB Creams.  


Asian BB creams give good coverage, are a little gray but will match your skin. They are paler so not made for darker skin. They last all day and protect your skin from the sun. 


I like Asian BB creams much better. I say try them out!!


Stay Sweet, KT

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! Nice comparison. I like asian BB cream more too, maybe also because I'm asian :).

    I'm following you, hope you can follow too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks Y'all for the Comments!
Please Join the Sequins,Mint&Makeup Blog!
Stay Sweet,KT